The Museum Association of Taos (MAT) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit association of five separate museums whose unique historic buildings and exceptional collections present the art, history, and culture of Taos and northern New Mexico. Collections at the individual museums include prehistoric and contemporary Native American pottery, textiles, jewelry and art; Spanish colonial and contemporary devotional and domestic arts; and paintings by the Taos Society of Artists and the artists who made Taos one of America's premier art colonies. Each museum offers a broad range of artistic, historic, musical, and cultural exhibits, events, lectures, and classes as well as special programming for children.
For just $25 - visit all five of our Taos museums with one discounted ticket. The ticket will be honored for ONE FULL YEAR from the date of purchase. It's transferable - pass it on to a friend if you don't have time to visit all sites. Purchase online below, ask at any of the five museum sites or email MAT@TaosMuseums.org
Tickets are sent within two business days via first class mail. If you plan to use your MAT tickets within the next two weeks, we recommend purchasing them in person at any of the participating museums.
RFP FOR FIRM OR INDIVUDAL TO DIRECT MAT'S PUBLIC RELATIONS, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS FUNCTION
Release Date Monday, July 8, 2013
The Museum Association of Taos (MAT), a 501c3 non-profit organization serving a consortium of five museums, seeks proposals for a firm or individual to direct MAT’s public relations, marketing and communications efforts. The firm or individual will be charged with developing brand positioning and strategies for public relations, marketing, and communications. It will develop both a marketing plan and a press strategy to increase attendance at all five museum sites, earned income for member museums, and MAT ticket sales. The firm or individual will also advise MAT on cross-promotional opportunities engaging other cultural disciplines and organizations.
Target audiences include both visitors to and residents of Taos. The firm or individual will secure stories in print and online media featuring MAT member museums.
Objectives for the Firm or Individual
1. Phase I: Strategic Planning and Branding
Recommend a core message, brand positioning and strategic message(s) for MAT. Develop a public relations, marketing and communications strategy to drive visitors to all five museum sites.
2. Phase II: Marketing, Public Relations and Promotions
Secure feature stories in A-list art, consumer and lifestyle magazines, newspapers, TV, radio, blogs, and other media outlets on a local, regional, national, and international scale. Increase the participation of Taos County residents in MAT member museums, and attract regional, national, and international tourists to all five museums. Include clear objects, actionable items, and timescales. Create a significant buzz for MAT member museums as premier destinations in Northern New Mexico. Provide creative story ideas to generate continued media exposure for MAT member museums .
Recommend media buys, and manage placements.
Suggest ways to improve MAT’s web site.
Create new press kit materials (boilerplate, bios, etc.). Entertain/tour press at MAT member museums, and plan media events.
Develop and help manage MAT’s social media websites including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest; update the sites with details about promotions and press clips
1. Briefly respond to objectives outlined. (1 page or less.)
2. Describe your experience working with museums, art organizations, and/or non-profit cultural organizations. (1 page or less.)
3. Describe your familiarity or experience with Taos (1 page or less.)
4. List three companies your firm has worked with that best reflect your work and relevancy to this project. Briefly list the role your firm played in each project. Press clips and coverage reports should be submitted. (1 page or less.)
5. Briefly describe your firm’s organizational capacity (e.g. staff, physical space, office location, etc.). (1 page or less.)
6. Provide a company profile, length of time in business, website, and core competencies.
7. Briefly describe your firm’s client management process.
8. Explain the process you will follow to work with MAT including meetings, reporting, major milestones, and evaluations. (1 page or less.)
9. Briefly describe your company’s communication process, including lines of reporting and any special tools used.
10.Please discuss any planned IPOs, mergers, or acquisitions.
11.Disclose any existing relationships and previous work done with MAT member museums staff, board members, or similar related party transactions.
12.Provide current reference information for three former or current clients.
13.Provide a cost proposal to accomplish the scope outlined in this proposal.
Terms and conditions.
About the Museum Association of Taos
Through the power of collaboration and synergy, the Museum Association of Taos advances the missions of its unique member museums and increases engagement, relevance and attendance for those museums through collaborative promotion, advocacy, and programming.
The Museum Association of Taos (MAT) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit association of five separate museums whose unique historic buildings and exceptional collections present the art, history, and culture of Taos and northern New Mexico. Collections at the individual museums include prehistoric and contemporary Native American pottery, textiles, jewelry and art; Spanish colonial and contemporary devotional and domestic arts; and paintings by the Taos Society of Artists and the artists who made Taos one of America's premier art colonies. Each museum offers a broad range of artistic, historic, musical, and cultural exhibits, events, lectures, and classes as well as special programming for children. MAT member museums include the Taos Art Museum, the Millicent Rogers Museum, the Harwood Museum of Art, the E.L. Blumenschein Home, and Hacienda de los Martinez.
MAT revenues are earned through sale of the MAT combination ticket. This $25 ticket grants admission to all five museums, is honored for one full year from the date of purchase, and is transferable. The ticket may be purchased through MAT’s web site or at any of the five museum sites.
Proposals will be evaluated with the following criteria:
· Suitability of the Proposal – 10%
· The proposed solution meets the needs and criteria set forth in the RFP.
· Expertise – 20%
· Expertise in recommending and communicating appropriate solutions as evidenced by the proposal and references.
· Innovation and Creativity - 20%
· Prior work demonstrates innovative ideas that have engaged the media.
· Experience - 20%
· Candidate has successfully completed similar projects and has the qualifications necessary to undertake this project.
· Price – 10%. The price is commensurate with the value offered by the proposer. As a non-profit institution, MAT is able to accept pro bono service and recognize the provider to the full extent allowed by the Internal Revenue Service, including naming the proposer within the website and other collateral as a supporter and partner.
· Staffing – 10%
· The candidate firm has appropriate staff for the project.
· Presentation – 10%
· The written proposal is presented in a clear, logical manner, and is well-organized.
Proposals must be received by 5 pm on Friday, August 2.
Send proposals to:
Susan Longhenry, President
Museum Association of Taos
c/o Harwood Museum of Art
238 Ledoux Street
Taos, NM 87571
No phone calls please.
This is an open and competitive process.
The proposal must contain the signature of a duly authorized officer
For more information about visiting Taos and northern New Mexico, see these websites:
Taos Vacation Guide
Travel information, driving tours, photo galleries
A visitors guide to Taos and northern New Mexico
New Mexico Tourism Department
Your guide to the Land of Enchantment